2. Important Definitions.
4. Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
Our privacy practices are intended to comply with the Health Information Privacy Code 1994 (“HIPC”). We will maintain the privacy of your Health Information as required by HIPC.
5. Children under age 16.
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 16 to create Accounts that allow access to our Site.
6. The Personal information we collect or maintain may include:
• Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information
• Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and test results, laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health-related information
• Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health-related information
• Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information
• Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site
• Other information you input into the Site or related services
7. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
• To provide you with the Services
• To improve the quality of Service through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities
• To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service
• To notify you when Site updates are available,
• To market and promote the Site and the Services
• To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
• For any other purpose for which you give us authorisation
8. We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Well Revolution’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
9. Notifications under Section 74 of the Health Act 1956.
Health practitioners are required by Section 74 of the Health Act 1956 to report to the medical officer of health any patient they have 'reasonable suspicion' is suffering from a notifiable disease. Notification allows for appropriate public health control measures to be taken to reduce the risk of further spread, for disease surveillance and for monitoring of the effectiveness of control measures.
Well Revolution and its healthcare providers and treating providers are required to report the following Section C - Infectious Diseases Notifiable to the Medical Officer of Health without Identifying Information of Patient or Person:
• Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
• Gonorrhoeal infection
• Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection
In such cases as we suspect or become aware of any of the infectious diseases listed above, you consent to us notifying the Medical Officer of Health without providing information that identifies you.
10. Information We Collect via Technology. As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third-party tracking services, including:
• Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
• Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”).
• Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Well Revolution. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit.
• Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site may use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a healthcare provider who is licensed or authorised to provide services near where you are located.
• Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
11. De-Identified Information.
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
12. Information You Share With Third Parties.
13. Modification of Information.
Members will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Limitations on Deletion of Information.
15. Access to my health information.
You have the right to access (and have corrected) your health information under Rules 6 and 7 of the HIPC.
16. Health Information.
Members of my health team may:
• add to my health record during any Services provided to me and use that information to provide appropriate care
• upon my desire and consent to, share relevant health information with other health professionals who are directly involved in my care
17. Other Uses of Health Information.
Health information which will not include my name but may include my National Health Index Identifier (NHI) may be used by health agencies such as the District Health Board, Ministry of Health or PHO for the following purposes, as long as it is not used or published in a way that can identify me:
• health service planning and reporting
• monitoring service quality
My health information may be used for health research, but only if this has been approved by an Ethics Committee and will not be used or published in a way that can identify me. Except as listed above, I understand that details about my health status or the services I have received will remain confidential within the Site or with the relevant healthcare provider unless I give specific consent for this information to be communicated.
19. Steps we take to keep your information secure.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorised access to Personal Information, such as encryption. But please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
20. Report Violations.
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Q & A
What is my health record?
Any Personal Information you provide on the Site or during the use Services that is intended to be stored, is encrypted and stored in an online application. Although approved healthcare providers have access to review and add to your health record, we have established your health record to be in your control. We intend to provide tools at various times that provide you with the choice and control of sharing your health record with any other party, or to delete your health record.